The CAA Professional Development Subcommittee invites you to join your fellow archivists, librarians, and records managers for:
WHAT: A Panel Discussion on Archive Professionals in Non-Traditional Archival Settings
Want to know what these professionals do and how they were able to get into these positions? Then come and hear these panelists about their experiences and get some ideas and advice about how you can get there. Some of the questions they will be answering are
- Why did you get into archives?
- What types of skills do you use in your current position?
- What tips/lessons would you give someone who wanted to be in your position
- What are the trends you are seeing in the profession?
- If a person was currently in academia, what sort of differences would one expect in moving to a non-traditional archive environment?
- How can a person make sure their resume stands out and have the hiring person see that they would be a valuable asset to their organization/institution?
WHEN: Thursday, November 20, 2014, at 1:00pm
WHERE: Crown Family Philanthropies (10th floor) 222 N LaSalle St, Chicago, IL MAP
RSVP: Space is limited so please RSVP via the CAA website by November 15th. Registrants will have to be checked in by our host Keith Helt, so please arrive at least by 12:45 PM.
If you RSVP but are unable to attend, please provide at least 24 hours notice.
Please contact Aaisha Haykal at email@example.com or Keith Helt at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Laura Fu, Digital Content Manager at Sears Holdings Corporation
- Has a BA in TV production, began her career in TV news libraries, and currently does corporate digital asset management
- Lauren Breyer, Archivist, State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
- Has a background in museum settings as a museum registrar
- Allan Berry, Web Application Developer at the UIC Library, with the Chicago Collections Consortium
- Has a background in art, technology and special collections
- Andrew Altepeter, Information Governance Analyst at Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Has a background in history, public history, began in archives and currently does records management and information governance
- Drew Davis, Historical Resources Specialist, Motorola Solutions Heritage Services & Archives