Title: Selecting, Preparing, and Implementing a Content Management System (CMS)
Date: Friday, July 15th
Time 12PM to 2:30PM
Location: Columbia College Chicago, 33 E Congress, Chicago, IL 60605, Room 617
Attendees: 20 attendees
There is a variety of Content Management System in the market, but it can be hard to decide what is best for your institution, thus this program will provide information professionals an opportunity to learn about what other repositories have done and engage with each other about best practices.
Some of the questions that will be answered are
1. What system they chose and why? what features did you need? what other ones did you investigate?
2. What was the process for choosing a system? and What would you do differently?
3. How was the transition from old to new or is this the first one your institution has had? What success and/or challenges you have had?
4. How could the process have been made easier?
5. What resources did you consult in this process?
Jennifer Ho, Digital Archivist, The Chicago Community Trust
Andrew Bullen, Information Technology Coordinator (ISL)/Volunteer Programmer (PSHS), IL State Library and the Pullman State Historic Site
Mary Yurkovi, Smart Content Strategy Advisor and co-founder of Semantic Rights Corporation.